Thursday, August 9, 2001

So much to talk about...I'm in Prague now. The drive here was beautiful, though I slept through most of it. I apparently missed a dinner on Tuesday night that I was invited to, that Peter didn't tell me about...sadly, there was even a place setting with my name at a table at the restaurant...oh well. Prague is such a beautiful city...I'm so in love with it. The architecture here is so awe-inspiring...gothic, baroque, art noveau, etc.. and the weather has been fantastic...not too hot, not too cool..just perfect in the upper 70's, lower 80's. There are a ridiculous number of old old cathedrals around here..the cobblestone streets only add to the charm of this city. And yes, everything is very cheap. For example, to use the internet is about 25Kc/15 minutes...which is probably about 75 cents.

The whole wedding was beautiful...Klara was dressed in a non-traditional white sequin top with a large emerald green gown...looking quite stunning. And Peter was looking all dapper and handsome in his tuxedo. Both families were incredibly sweet and it was such a joy to see the blend of the two cultures. At some point after the wedding reception, Klara was "kidnapped" to some bar for Peter to find her...apparently, a Czech tradition. Poor Peter wandered around for 2.5 hours looking for her..and they still had to drive 2 hours to where they planned on spending their wedding night. Today, a large part of the wedding guests gathered together to travel down to southern Bohemia to visit 2 castles and take a nice boat ride down the Vltava River...just romantic and beautiful. I can't even describe how breathtaking this place is. They even put together a grand meal in the courtyard of a restaurant near the Orlick Castle in the evening..everything was perfect...Klara's family is much too generous.

I can now only hope to find my friend Sara who is also here in Prague for a chamber music festival..we've only been communicating via email...I hope we meet up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment