Tuesday, May 15, 2001

My left eye is a pink nightmare. It definitely got worse over the weekend. Whenever I drank a glass of water, I could feel the compression of air as it came to my face. Sunday morning, it took me 2 hours to be able to look out the window at the light. Everytime my eye caught the light, it felt like someone was stabbing me in the eyeball with their finger. I finally saw my doctor yesterday and then an opthamologist today....and the final analysis is that I've got uveitis--cause is unknown. I've been prescribed 2 hardcore eyedrops: One I have to take every 2 hours, which is essentially steroids for my eyes...and the other I take twice a day, which'll dilate my eyes each time. I'll be wearing sunglasses a lot in this next week or two. Being in front of the computer isn't really good for my eyes...so I didn't go to work today and I won't be going tomorrow either...and after that, I'm heading back to smith for my reunion. it's been interesting trying to find something to do instead of work. I want to do work from home, but looking at the computer screen more than 5 minutes at a time really hurts my eye. [sigh]

No comments:

Post a Comment