Monday, March 12, 2001

back in seattle. sick. tired. the last 2 days have been quite the adventure. our plane took off from san juan over an hour later and we arrived in miami just as our connecting flight to d.c., the last flight out, took off. so we were stranded in miami--yay! well, not really. it was supposed to be a fun night but we ended up waiting in the airport for hours and hours waiting for them to get our bags for us, which they never did. pissed off, we went back to the holiday inn, where i called up gary, who moved from seattle to ft. lauderdale last august...and he drove down and hung out with me a bit. we woke up the next morning, barely making our 7am flight to d.c., only to find that our bags were MIA and i was screwed since i needed to take a train to newark to catch a flight out to go to seattle. my train arrived in newark really really late and i finally got to the airport at 5:30pm for my 5:40pm flight...ironically, the only reason they let me on board was because I didn't have any bags to check in. i later on found out that they had found my suitcase and that american airlines was sending it on a random flight via dallas to arrive in seattle before i would--yay! nope. i arrived in seattle, only to find out that the flight my suitcase was on was delayed and wouldn't arrive until 3am. sadly, i went home and crashed. now i'm at work. my bag finally got to my apartment sometime in the afternoon. i'm sick because i think i caught something on the plane. i don't like getting sick from the plane--it just seems foul that there were all sorts of diseases floating in the air.

on the positive side, i had a marvelous time in puerto rico. it was gorgeous, sunny, warm, relaxing. linda and i ate at the most wonderful restaurants: metropol, la querencia and the parrot club where we met 2 really interesting guys: armando y carlos. it's good to make friends in P.R. since i'm determined to make my trip to san juan an annual trek and it's nice to have friends there. best of all--they can bailar salsa! i wish i had more time there...i miss eating the maduros fritos..i should just learn to make it myself.

but now i'm back to the chaos of my life and i'm sick. i can't wait to take a bath, crash on my couch and watch the sopranos all evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment