Sunday, March 16, 2008

weekend wrapup

I have to admit--it's quite hard remembering to keep up this blog between all the status updates on Facebook and dots on Faves so apologies for the delays between posts.

Over the weekend, we attended the Make A Wish Foundation Gala & Auction night at the Westin which was super fun. Until now, the only auction I'd ever attended was the Emerald City Swank for Seattle Works--an event I've attended for the last 4 years or so. Suffice it to say, this was far more elaborate than the Swank with tables costing $2,000 and live auction items ranging from a trip to Cabo to a Labradoodle puppy! (which was quite cute) It definitely gave me thought as to whether or not I'd want to go back to the Swank, knowing the type of causes out there where I can be charitable to instead. That said, I still stand by the Swank---why? Much of the target audience for the Swank are people in their 20's and 30's who've never been to an auction or thought about giving towards charity. Events like it break the myth that all auctions are black-tie formal with a bunch of stuffy older people. Ultimately, if what they do in the end is get people to go out and participate in the community more, then they've been successful.

In any case, here's a photo of some of the girls that attended the event -- more pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment