Sunday, October 1, 2006

Relaxing weekend of doing a bunch of stuff....

Been awhile since I've had such a busy weekend yet it was really relaxing. Friday night I went to a Wine & Cheese party at Vidya's while Matt checked out a punk show at the Funhouse with his co-worker, Simon. Vidya had a good 40-ish people show up so I got to catch up with a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a long time.

Saturday, I headed up to Shoreline to attend Amy's bridal shower. No games--just good 'ol food and fun conversation. I didn't know many people--just Erica and the Infusion ladies (Gen and Kim). I heard an interesting saying at the party: "If you put a penny in a jar for each time you have sex prior to marrying your husband, and then start taking a penny out for each time you have sex after the marriage, you'll never reach the last penny." Ha! All the married women in the room seemed to agree. Hmm...

In the evening, Matt and I got some quick yummy food at the Triple Door before walking across the street to Benaroya Hall to catch our 1st show of the symphony season, starring Barry Douglas playing Rachmaninov's Third Piano Concerto which was pretty freakin' damn hard. This is the same piece exhibited from the movie, Shine, and there's a reason for it. Now, to finally experience the piece in its entirety in person, it was just amazing seeing the pure stamina needed to get through all the running passages of this piece. I was in total awe. I'm so excited that Matt and I decided to subscribe to the symphony's season--it was something I did for a few years with my good friend, Fred, until he left Seattle to go to business school. I really missed it and it makes me so happy to share this experience with Matt.

After the symphony, we headed back up to Capitol Hill to toast to Sumit's 29th birthday at the Cafe Metropolitan---Happy Birthday!

Today, we met up with Sumit (another Sumit) and Shiwani to go sailing. Fortunately, the weather was absolutely gorgeous and sunny. Unfortunately, there was practically no wind. We still had fun, floating out slowly to the middle of the lake and then indulging in mimosas, strawberries, cheese, hummous and chocolate. After that, Matt watched football with Petey while I met up with the girls for another day at the spa.

I can't believe it's already October.

No comments:

Post a Comment