Thursday, November 24, 2005

A real turkey day

Happy Thanksgiving y'all! So, I can't believe it--my mom's going to make a real Thanksgiving dinner. See, being Chinese and growing up in Kansas, we never had a real Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving has always just been an excuse to invite the other Chinese families from Kansas over and cook more Chinese food. If I was lucky, I'd get some stir fry turkey or something like that. In high school, I would always go over to the McGuires in the evening to have some pumpkin pie just so I could have some taste of Thanksgiving. So you can understand what a shock it was to find out this week that my mom decided to have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner--turkey, gravy, yams and all. I'm sure there'll be a Chinese twist to it so we'll see. Big household to feed--a total of 15 people, including Betina's mother! Wonder if we're going to hit the Strip tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment