Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Fourth in Montana

I just spent the Fourth of July weekend in Big Sky, Montana with Kutta, Matt, Matt and Ian---we had a really great, relaxing time over there. The drive over actually wasn't as bad as I feared--just read magazines and slept most of the way. We were back in the same cabin that we stayed at when we snowboarding there earlier this year. Fortunately, we got great weather the whole time there.
Kutta hiking up Lone Peak
Good memories:
  • Hiking up Lone Peak--Matt and I only made it to the top of the Gondola, but the other boys had the extra stamina to actually hike it to the top top at 11,000 feet.
  • Shooting bottle rockets and roman candles in the backyard like I did when I was a kid
  • Going whitewater rafting for the first time along the Gallatin River all day--it was an absolute blast and I want to do it again. We watched a family in the raft behind us highside it along a rock--3 of them crawled onto the rock while the rest floated off in the raft, one leaping into it last minute. What great drama. The 3 were left standing there, not knowing what to do..but they were able to paddle the raft back and pick them up eventually.
  • The last dinner--I ate New Zealand Red Deer and most of the boys had Surf n Turf: bison tenderloin with rainbow trout. Yum yum.

    Montana is just absolutely gorgeous in the summertime. Check out all the photos I took there--unfortunately, didn't bring my camera for the day of whitewater rafting. It would've been a hoot to catch us all wearing the wetsuits.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment