Thursday, May 5, 2005

sunburn and bug bites

Man, first day and I´m already sunburnt and have enormous bug bites on my right leg, perhaps from unknown creatures of the night that jumped into bed. I swear I put sunblock all over myself but I still got burnt. Ugh. Storm clouds are hovering over the resort today, so fortunately I don´t have to face the sun again. Last night, Sri and I checked out the town of Playa del Carmen, which is only about 10-15 minutes away. We hopped on a local public autobús, which costs only $1/person and strolled around 5th Avenue, which is this crazy long street full of vendors, shops and restaurants. We ended up at a restaurant where I ate the Langosta Especial---a lobster tail, wine and salad for $14. What a deal! 5th Avenue is really amazing and just full of people. It can be overwhelming the number of places to go shopping at there...a complete overload of the senses. Today, Sri and I went to a yoga class at the Spa Gym here, which was great. I haven´t taken a yoga class in, er, 3-4 years and it was Hatha style yoga.

We´re heading into Cancún tonight for Cinco de Mayo festivities (assuming there are any) and then waking up early tomorrow for an Xtreme Adventure excursion: mountain bike trekking, snorkeling and zip lining through the jungle! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment