Monday, May 2, 2005

Reading Eugene's recent post about his Shure E3c earphones reminded to post about some new headphones that my brother bought me for Christmas---the Etymotic 6i Isolater Earphones. These earphones have made a huge difference in noise isolation. It almost completely blocks out outside noise. I often wear them to work out at the gym and I don't have to compete with the cheesy dance music piping through the gym's speakers (so that I can listen to my own cheesy dance music..heh heh). The sound is so isolated that my own heartbeat is quite clear through these headphones. I've been very impressed by these headphones so far and am eager to test it out on the airplane to see how it compares to my Bose QuietComfort 2 Noise Cancelling Headphones.

I've been really enjoying my time off. This past week has just been wonderful, sleeping in and doing random errands and organizing around the house. I finally got the bridesmaid dress for my friend Anna's wedding next month at the end of the week---and to my sheer horror, I couldn't fit into it. I was a dumbass and just ordered my regular retail size...when, in reality, I should've ordered a dress size bigger. Ack. I ran to a local seamstress freaking out and they're going to be able to bring it out a few inches, making enough room for my waist to get through, which is really the only issue. My hips are fine and I think my chest will fit as well. [sigh] How horrifying as this dress is custom made and took 3 months to make after ordering. I immediately sent an email out to the other bridesmaids telling them of my ordeal and letting them know about the extra fabric in the inseams in the case they made the same mistake as I did. So far, Christine and Francesca have confirmed their dresses fit..and Julia hasn't seen hers yet but believes it should fit since she ordered a size bigger. I was the only stupid one. [sigh] I'm just praying that when I get the dress back from the seamstress that it fits. I think the extra 2-3 inches the seamstress is going to give me plus some cinching corset and some dieting over the next month will make me fit into this thing. What was I thinking? Ack. (Barbara, if you're reading this, no worries--I'll make this work!!) Of course, this episode prompted me to check my weight---I jumped on the scale and have realized that I've gained a few more pounds. What happened?! I am now the heaviest I have ever been in my life. Depression sinks in. Good thing I've had this time off--I've actually been going to the gym (been 3 times this week) and squeezing some cardio in. This is no good.

I recently checked out a new pizzeria up the street from me called Via Tribunali. Seattle folks, if you haven't tried this out yet, you should. It's only been around since last November and is barely noticeable with its garage-door-like entrance--I've walked by it several times in the past few months and never realized that there was a restaurant there. This isn't just any pizzeria--this is *good* Neopolitan thin-crusted pizza with the freshest of ingredients. Pizza is made in a hot wood-burning oven that literally spits out a pizza in 1 minute. I swear--I watched the pizza guy put a pizza in, watch for a minute, take it out, place it on a plate to be whisked off by the waiter and served fresh. Amazing. Also to note for Seattle folks--the prosciutto, salami and other cured meats used in the appetizers and pizza are from none other than the local Salumi's, another favorite of mine. I've tried 2 pizzas--the Funghi and the Quattro Stagioni, both wonderful tasting. Also to note is the decor inside: tall ceilings, brick walls, neon-quasi-light-fixtures on the wall the emanate cathedral stained glass scenes, candlelight--very Capitol Hill hip. Did I mention that the price isn't bad either? Pizzas are around $10-$15 and can easily be shared. Do that with a yummy prosciutto appetizer and 2 glasses of wine and you've got yourself a decently priced delicious dinner meal.

I leave for Mexico tomorrow to bask in the sun at the Riviera Maya with Sri. I can't wait to just lay around, soaking in the sun, sipping on strawberry daquiris. My plan today: pack, get cat food for Misha, watch 24 and get some sleep in before my 8am flight. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment