Tuesday, April 19, 2005

pow-dah & the zon

This last weekend I took a last minute trip up to Whistler with some friends (care of Kutta's organizing) during the Telus Ski & Snowboard Festival. Despite this season being the worst in, like, 20 years, the snow this weekend was absolutely amazing. We rode up Saturday morning and found fields of deep deep soft fluffy powder everywhere. Oh man--it was amazing. What a great way to end this season (as opposed to my last trip to Baker, which resulted in wet, soggy, blahness).

Otherwise, I'm keeping busy during my last working week at Amazon. Yep--you heard it. I gave notice last week, after working there nearly six years. I have some unused vacation that I'm taking (and hence, my official last day isn't until May); however, this is my last real working week. After looking around a bit and talking to some folks, I decided to jump over to the east side and join the Microsofties as a Program Manager in the Windows Mobile division. I'm super excited as I'll be working on applications for the PocketPC, PocketPCPhone and Smartphone. I have to admit that I've only been using the Palm OS (i.e. with my Samsung i500 phone) all these years---moreso due to familiarity rather than pickiness. I personally find the smartphone industry to be one with a lot of potential and I'm psyched to be working in this technology.

Amazon's treated me well overall. I've certainly had my ups and downs but the opportunities I've been given have been a blessing. I've had a lot of wonderful experiences and met a number of amazing individuals.

I'm planning on relaxing during this time off and do something with the vacation that I otherwise would have used later this year. So far, a trip to visit the parents in Vegas and a Mexico vacation with Sri are in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment