Friday, April 22, 2005

the end is near

Today was my unofficial last working day at Amazon (unofficial since I'm taking vacation and technically wrapping things up later in May). But for all intents and purposes, this was my last day doing actual work stuff. I had a meeting, ate lunch with the boss, finished up a transition doc and packed up a big chunk of stuff. I put a bunch of the free CDs I had gotten in my first year working for the Music team out on a door desk, free for others to take. Also found a very large Programming Perl book that I never really used and gave it to the lead developer on my current project as good luck. I started throwing away old documents but couldn't bring myself yet to throwing away my very first notebook, where I had jotted down what cpp and datecat meant and what neighborhoods I should live in. It's kind of a surreal feeling. It hasn't really sunk in...more so because I still have my laptop, pager, parking pass, badge and everything that makes me an Amazonian. I'm really looking forward to these next few weeks to sleep, organize, hang out with my cat and get my personal life back in tip top shape. I booked the whole trip to Mexico today with Sri--11 more days before that begins. Can't wait. What will I do Monday morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment