Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I completely forgot to mention what I did this past weekend, which was so incredibly fun. So..last Friday, Ajay (who works at Vulcan) gives me a call and says "Whatcha doin' tomorrow night? Cuz' I just got invited to fly down on Paul's plane to check out the Trailblazers game--wanna come?" Hell yes. I can't believe I even hesitated (I had to cancel some plans). On Saturday, we drove over to Boeing Airfield to the Vulcan Flight Operations hangar and boarded Paul's private 747. This was my first time on a private plane and it was just an incredible experience. It's exactly like what you see on TV--there was a bed, shower and loungy couches everywhere...so incredibly comfortable. Within 25 minutes, we were in Portland and getting whisked off to the Rose Garden Stadium. We entered through this back entrance where we got to see some of the player's cars parked (and they were all pimped out--Escalades, Rolls Royce, etc...chrome wheels, everything). We headed up to the Owner's Suite and got some food and wine and then got seated for the game. Ajay and I scored by having COURTSIDE tickets. We were literally sitting right behind the Trailblazer girls the entire time. So sweet. What an amazing experience it was. The Trailblazers won (yay!) and we headed back to the plane right afterwards. All in all, I flew to Portland, watched a game and flew back in about 5 hours. Incredible. I'm working for the wrong company. This was a nice perk.

1 comment: