Saturday, September 11, 2004

I met up with an interior designer today to go over color schema and furniture placement in my place today...wow, it's overwhelming to just sit and think about colors for 4 hours straight. Near the end, I was like "yeah yeah, just pick a color and tell me what it is". Quite an interesting process this was--we spent the first hour or so walking through all the rooms and talking about them so she could get a sense of my space and functionality. By the time she left, we had little blue painter's tape on a few walls with the names of some Benjamin Moore paint colors written on them. Some of the colors picked out for me: Beaujolais Red, Gloucester Sage, Hampshire Gray and Dash of Pepper. Apparently, the designer has me picked out as a "dramatic, moody" type and I need colors to match that sort of persona...so nothing boring or conservative. Most of the colors are of a darker palette...I can't wait to see how they look in here! Next: getting a bid from a painter. Hmm..wonder what this is going to cost me.



Just came back from my second Xgym workout: not bad. In fact, I have to admit it felt a lot easier to do, even though there was a bit more weight added. I had a different trainer and I think his "splinters" were far easier and shorter to do.



Party'd up in Vancouver for Labor Day weekend with Kabir and a bunch of his high school buddies--had fun and met new people. Get this--one of the guys (Brent) forgets his passport and we'll all prepared for a long wait at the border. Instead, the border patrol just asks who forgot their passport, then he does a check on Kabir's passport (lame) and lets us pass through! He doesn't even ask Brent if he's a US citizen. I couldn't believe how easy that was. That would never fly if I forgot my passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment