Sunday, August 22, 2004

Things I want to do over the next couple of weeks:



1. Sign on a regular housecleaner (how grown-up of me, isnt' it?)

2. Meet with an interior designer to get color recommendations

3. Buy more decorative furniture/accessories

4. Paint



I love my place but it's too cold for me right now. It definitely needs a homey-er feel to it, which I think I can get through some warm tones and little accessories to really pull the place together.



The rainy weather hit Seattle today. Bleh. And it's, like, 60-degree rainy weather, a hint that fall is around the corner. But wait--summer's are supposed to be a bit longer here. What the hell? I can't believe that just on Friday, I was wearing a tank top and skirt. Today, I was walking around in my jeans and fleece pullover. Weather forecasts indicates rain for the next few days. [sigh] Hopefully, this will just be a short thing and we'll return to beautiful, sunny weather soon. In a way, honestly, I'm very much welcoming this rainy weather--it's made sleeping so much nicer in the cooler evenings.



Our company picnic was yesterday--and right in the middle of it was when the rain hit really hard. Pretty funny. I think it was the first time the picnic's been rained on, at least since I started. I still had fun--got my free t-shirt, climbed a wall, and had free food and beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment