Thursday, July 8, 2004

Sorry I haven't written in awhile...been pretty busy. Last weekend was such a blast. It started with a spontaneous trip up to Vancouver with my friend Jason so that we could catch the Jazz Festival. We started off Friday evening checking out an Afro-beat jazz musician, Tony Allen. He was amazing, great sound. Coincidentally, Joe & Sri went up to see the same show. The rest of the trip was fun, going to places I'd never been: brunch on Granville Island, strolling along Commercial Drive, visiting Kitsilano Beach and eating the most amazing meal at Bin 941.



Sunday, came back and stopped at Home Depot on the way back and picked myself up a Weber Q Portable Gas Grill. (Before y'all bash me for getting a gas grill over charcoal, it's because I'm not allowed to have charcoal grills up on the rooftop of my building so I have no choice but to get a gas grill) I'm very happy with my purchase as I was able to use it quite a bit for my 4th of July party that evening. What started out as a casual conversation with 2 friends about having some friends come over turned into quite a sizable party. It was great! We had fabulous views of both the Puget Sound and Lake Union fireworks and ate a lot of good food. I should have people come to BBQ up on my rooftop more often....



I'm actually staying home sick today. I'm not as horribly sick as I've gotten in the past..but with the weather being so up and down recently (Monday I was speedboating on the lake in my swimsuit, Tuesday I was wearing a sweater and swearing at the bitter cold), my body's panicking and trying to bring on a cold. So I decided to just stay home and rest it out so that I don't get any more sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment