Saturday, June 26, 2004

Took the red-eye flight out Thursday, arriving in the Big Apple early Friday morning. Arrived at the Carlton Hotel to not surprisingly find out that the room was not ready for check-in. Waiting for my parents to arrive and being all achy from spending the night on a plane, I took the subway down to Chinatown and got myself a $40 massage. That felt better. My parents arrived and we got sushi for lunch and then shopped around SoHo for a bit. In the evening, Debbie picked me up and we got some drinks at a bar called Le 26, soon joined by Katie, Kit & Debbie's boyfriend Saevar. We then headed out for a late dinner in the meat-packing district at a restaurant called Son Cubano where there was some live latin music. Quite the scene this place---I'd say the entire meat-packing district was a huge people-watching scene. I had the most scrumptious meal---lobster, scallops, shrimp, clams & mussels in a coconut sauce, accompanied by my favorite: maduros! Yum yum. After dinner, Gina showed up with her friend and we all danced for awhile. It was fun & interesting dancing with the girls again..it's been years!





Today, my mom & I attended Hester's bridal shower which was nice...now, I'm about to head out to visit Anna for the afternoon...and then my family's going to get dinner at a local Italian restaurant in the East Village I picked out called Evvia. Hope it's good---then, we're heading out to watch the musical Aida. Lots to do here!

No comments:

Post a Comment