Monday, November 24, 2003

i'm pooped. i spent much of the weekend painting my half bathroom downstairs and i'm still not done. I finally got all the walls done with at least a coat or two by this evening and i don't want to pick up the paintbrush again til tomorrow. this is so sad--it's just my puny little half bath...i thought it wouldn't be too much work. now i'm thinking why i didn't just hire a painter..especially with all the tricky pipes to paint around and my attempt at painting behind my toilet (i've got a nice little white spot that i couldn't reach) i guess it's just the thrill of painting my own place. overall, i think it's not too shabby of a job...but see, those are the chilling words: "not too shabby". it should be great! but no, i decided to paint myself..what was i thinking. i started off completely wrong, buying a roller with longer nap than i really wanted (1/2"), creating a more textured effect than desired...but now, I'm left with the look on one wall (i switched rolls). ack. although, i must say, I do love the color that i picked out. for the rest of this place, i'm hiring someone--both to pick colors for me and to do the freakin' job.



my project at work has just started going downhill. ugh..the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment