Monday, October 9, 2000

geekcruises.com. this is a little scary. I read an article in Wired magazine last night about some guy's experience aboard the Perl Whirl cruise to Alaska with people like Larry Wall and Randall Schwartz.

boy, it's been awhile since I wrote here. the weather's starting to get colder here in seattle. i can't believe it's october already. whatever happened to the pretty fall leaves to remind me that fall was around the corner? oh yeah, i'm in washington. it's bizarre being here in this city where it's green year-round. it always looks the same---just a little colder and some rain here and there.

last weekend was fun. betina had a friend come into town that she's known for years. turns out her friend's mother knew my mom growing up in hong kong. this world is too small. we attempted a night out in kirkland, which failed. then tried to cross the bridge back to seattle and ended up getting stuck because of some random test for boat crossings. and finally, we went bowling until 3 in the morning. not a bad game for that time of night.

i'm alone in the apartment now. betina's in vancouver to recruit UBC kids like I did last week. what an interesting experience. i wasn't sure what to say when a computer science student came up to me and asked what the URL was to "my company's website". * * * * doh. I just tried archiving my entries for the first time cuz' they're way too long. now i've got 2 of the same entry...oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment