Monday, December 14, 2009

Onto new digs...

Whew! What a weekend with our move. We started bright and early at 7am with the professional movers who were awesome and moved so fast. Despite that, the whole move still took over EIGHT HOURS (yikes!). We just have so much stuff...it's going to take forever to unpack! We have our basics: master bedroom setup, TVs turned on with cable, and wireless internet flowing already. Our focus this week: unpack and prep the condo for the new tenant who will move in this weekend. It's eerie looking at this condo that I've lived in for 6 years -- my first place -- standing so empty the same way it looked when I stepped in the first time. Fortunately, there's not much left to do -- the cleaners and carpet cleaner came today. All that's left is touch up paint and random dings...which I honestly have a fear of dealing with. I've never been great with spackle and paint...and it's just one of those things that I can't bring myself to pay someone to deal with (the little odd jobs that is). I'm hoping this tenant doesn't mind my amateur-ish job of cleaning up the walls.

Already we're noticing subtle differences in living in this new house, such as how much quieter it is at night and just how huge the house is. We have to literally yell at each other in order to be heard on different floors---we've already separated our TV watching so that Matt can watch his football full on downstairs while I'm comfortable in the family room watching whatever I please. The most noticeable difference are the people in the neighborhood when going to the grocery store. Gone are the homeless teenagers, drunken all-night partygoers and that same heroine addict that we saw wandering up and down our street all the time. Here, there are just lots and lots of families and children everywhere.

We just met our next door neighbor tonight who came over with some chocolate chip cookies to greet us--I don't think I could invent more ideal neighbors for my parents to love: a Chinese couple with 2 young children, the woman speaks Cantonese (from Toronto) and they're both in the medical industry. Nice!

1 comment:

  1. i'm sure you'll do a great job with touching up the walls. as for the rest of the post - =D hahahaha, love it. good luck with the rest of the unpacking!

    ReplyDelete