Sunday, April 19, 2009

random updates

A bit late reading this, but guess what is the First Family's favorite sweet treat?  Seattle's own Fran's Chocolates Smoked Sea Salt Caramels in Chocolate!  And yes--these were the same yummy treats we included in our wedding favors.  Neato.  Apparently Obama prefers milk chocolate while Michelle likes the dark.  I love these and could overindulge in them easily.

Today, we went to the symphony to watch Joshua Bell perform who was as amazing as I expected.  Some of you may remember him as the virtuoso behind all the incredible music in the movie The Red Violin.  He was also the subject behind an interesting social experiment hosted by the Washington Post last year, placing Bell in the middle of a D.C. subway during rush hour, playing violin just like every other street musician.  He played Lalo's Symphonie Espagnole today with such fervor and passion...it was an honor to see him.

A few days ago, I totally swiped the side of my car due to the dumbest accident.  I was leaving work and reverse turned out of my parking spot, neglecting to see the huge concrete beam situated on the left side of my car, at the rear.  As a result, with me reverse turning the car, I smashed my side mirror and also swiped the door.  Grrr.  I can live with this for the time being, but will need to take the time to get a few quotes from some auto body shops to get it fixed.

Last week, Microsoft unveiled this new area called "the Commons" which is located in a new section of land which has been under construction for, oh, at least a year.  The Commons is meant to be similar to a college campus commons area...and man, it really is.  I was surprised to see tons of food options, including Caffe Vita, Pike Place Market Deli, Steamers, Mayuri, Spitfire Grill, a noodle bowl, Asian grill, a soup and salad station and tons more.  On top of that, there are lots of retails spaces, including a Ski+Bike shop, Watson Kennedy art gallery, a credit union, a post office, mobile operators (such as T-Mobile, Verizon, etc.) and even a Mode Salon + Spa!  Plus, have I mentioned this new area is right next to my building?  I can walk over in less than 5 minutes.  Woo hoo.

I got my hair colored today--I haven't been happy with the brown color I got in December (too light for my taste) and wanted to go darker again.  I love the color I have now, which is like a soft black with a tinge of red.

I can't believe spring is almost here.  I'm so eager for the summer to be here---for now, I'm heads down at work, cranking out specs.  Busy busy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment