Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to my husband...

Happy Birthday to my dearest husband! I decided to surprise Matt for his birthday last night by preparing an extravagant dinner. Knowing that he had class, I knew I couldn't plan to take him out to dinner as reservations would be rather late...so I decided to have a nice meal at home. Then I had the idea of shipping overnight some baked stuffed lobsters from the Venus de Milo restaurant in Swansea, MA---a favorite of his parents and a place we always go to whenever we visit. I ordered the lobsters and some clam chowder and secretly shipped it to a neighbor for me to pick up after work. On top of that, I decided to whip out some table setting wedding gifts that we had yet to use: new placemants and napkins, our fina china, the crystal Tiffany's candlestick holders and the Waterford chardonnay wine glasses.

The meal was a success! I started off serving the clam chowder. At first, Matt thought I got it from Legal Seafood. Then he started scratching his head and guessing restaurants in Seattle. It wasn't until I brought out the lobsters that he figured out the mystery restaurant.

Man, it was a delicious meal! Heavenly in fact! Here are some pictures...


Preparing the dinner table


Setting the mood


The baked stuffed lobsters


Closeup of the lobsters

In addition to the lobster dinner, I'm whisking him off for a short, relaxing getaway for the weekend up in Whidbey Island, staying at the Inn at Langley. We're really looking forward to it! I've also made reservations at the Chef's Kitchen restaurant at the hotel---will review it when we return!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Matt! We love the Inn at Langley and the meals we've had there. Be sure to check out breakfast, in addition to the dinner - they're both wonderful. I love the bathrooms too, hah. Hope you enjoy your stay!

    ReplyDelete