Sunday, April 8, 2007

Ah, how time has passed

Man, it's been a month since I last posted anything. I'm way behind in the frequency of my blog posting. I apologize. As it's been awhile, I'll just blog some random updates....

Friend, Sara, from Kansas visited me a couple weeks ago--she's one of my bridesmaids and it was so good to see her. She's probably the one bridesmaid I have that's known me the longest, since junior high for me. She was out here to visit potential medical schools and also just to hang out. I had such a great time hanging out with her, just getting used to seeing her everyday as I came home from work. Miss you chica!

Work has been busy as we've been wrapping up planning for our entire next release. Lots of spec writing and reviews!

Outside of all that, there's wedding planning of course. It's all the little details now. Over this weekend, I.....
- contacted a dance instructor for Matt and I to take private lessons from for our first dance
- picked up 200+ bamboo steamers for our favors in add'l to disposable cameras. I can't believe I caved in and got the cheezy disposable cameras with the wedidng imagery on them...but in the end, I can't resist seeing random photos from guests
- will be picking up our final invitations. Yay!
- completed envelope addressing for the addresses I have
- created a draft of a guest list for the bridal shower

There's also prepping for other weddings---we're heading to Matt's cousin's wedding in Mexico in less than 2 weeks. Being a beach wedding and all, all guests were requested to wear white. More specifically "ladies should wear a white summer dress and men should wear a white shirt with khakis". So today, we headed downtown in search of such attire. Matt easily found the perfect shirt at Banana Republic. I, on the other hand, still don't know what I want after trying on dresses at BCBG and J.Crew.

Tonight, we went to the symphony and saw their performance of Beethoven's Missa Solemnis which was very well done. Ah, so happy with the symphony. We definitely will subscribe next year. I'm a bit bummed though--I have yet to see a performance in which my fellow Smithie, Carolyn Kuan, conducts.

TV I'm watching....
Lots of great TV coming up with an all new season of The Sopranos and Entourage starting up.
Prison Break ended with Michael Scofield back...in prison.
24 is still rockin' it...though that last scene where President Wayne Palmer suddenly seems to go crazy because he's high on adrenaline was a bit much.
I'm getting tired of Renee from ANTM
Sadly, still watching the Pussycat Dolls show - I think it'll be a showdown between Asia and Melissa R.
Yup, still catching The Apprentice - I think it's obvious that Heidi's gonna win it all.
Did Grey's Anatomy take a huge break? I feel like I haven't seen a new episode in ages. Same with Desperate Housewives.

In the last couple days, been playing with this new service called Twitter that Aaron introduced me to. A bit hard to explain--but you can send in "twitters" (or very short posts about whatever) via text message, IM or directly from the web...and anyone who "follows" you will get updates via the notification method they choose (sms, im or web only). Additionally, it archives all your "twitters" onto your profile page. What makes it cool? I send an update from wherever I am and it goes out to all my followers. It's like a group text message. I feel like I've learned things about people that I normally wouldn't otherwise because it's mundane stuff that someone wouldn't normaly blog about or email about...like, for example, I know that on Friday, Mo played tennis with Abhi and Petey went to watch the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie and thought it was amazing. I also know that on Saturday, Mo went up to Vancouver for the day for an auto show and that my brother went to watch his friend Laura at a workout competition. I'm not really sure if this is going to totally take off or fall flat on its face...but I must say, after using it for less than 48 hours, I'm definitely intrigued. One related site that's a bit addicting is Twittervision, a mashup of live Twitter posts with Google Maps. Let me know if you have a Twitter account!

No comments:

Post a Comment