Tuesday, August 1, 2006

supernova & more reality

I've been watching Rock Star: Supernova to satisfy my reality tv craving for the summer. I really like this show--it's better than American Idol in that all the contestants are pretty damn good and have amazing vocal abilities. Anyhow, my thoughts on the remaining people:

Dana: great voice, young, definitely improving, probably will get cut near the end
Dilana: just awesome, most likely final 3
Jill: looks like Pam Anderson with a voice. She's okay, too girly girl for the guys methinks.
Josh: he's fine. not memorable.
Lukas: he's Cure meets the Butthole Surfers. Strange. I just don't see him making it. His performance this week sucked.
Magni: solid guy. Has a chance to be in the final 3
Patrice: voice is very plain. She rocked it this week but was totally overshadowed by Tommy Lee. Not good and not surprising. She's out soon
Ryan: I really didn't think much of him until this week's rendition of "Losing My Religion". That performance was just jaw dropping amazing.
Storm: She looks like a cross between Lindsay Lohan and that red-headed Spice Girl. I've never liked her possessed by the music strange eyes but I do think she has a really awesome solid voice.
Toby: I really liked him at first but don't see him growing much. Good voice, will market well.
Zayra: She's just a crazy chick. They're just keeping her on to see what crazy outfit she'll wear next. She doesn't fit the band though--she needs to be the next Bjork.

Speaking of reality tv shows, anyone seen One Ocean View? I caught the pilot this week--it cracks me up that K.J. is cousins with Eric, one of the original Real World castmembers. Not hooked yet, we'll see.

Other reality tv shows I'm watching...

Project Runway
Woo Woo! I love this show. A little early to say who's gonna make it, but 2 of my favorites so far are Alison and Uli. Angela has got to go next show--she totally annoys me.

Hell's Kitchen
It's down to the Final 3--this is a show that Matt and I love to watch. I say Heather wins the whole thing. I can't believe Keith made it this far and Virginia has just worked hard and been lucky. She'll probably be the next to get kicked off.

So You Think You Can Dance
Damn, everyone is so good. I've grown to really really love this show and be constantly amazed by the contestants' versatility. It's really difficult to go from hip hop to the quick step to contemporary. I mean, that's really not realistic (or is it?) 6 people left---I think the final guy/girl will be Benji and Heidi---and that Benji will win the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment