Sunday, March 20, 2005

Robots

Forgot to mention--I saw Robots in freakin' IMAX on Friday night with Jigna, Eric, Karen, Mark and Matt. This was my first time seeing a movie in IMAX since I was a kid. Man! I really need to start looking out for movies in IMAX from here on out. Anyway--great movie to watch in IMAX just to get an appreciation for the details captured in the computer animation. Cute movie, didn't totally blow me away--I was probably more wowed by the whole IMAX experience if anything. And damn--like, EVERYONE seemed to be in the movie, whether it be a major part (Ewan McGregor of key character) or a tiny one-line part (Jay Leno). I do think it was better than Shark's Tale--very inventive, classic in the story telling (in that, there aren't current pop culture references), has a good lesson for the kids, animation good. But as I said, nothing that totally blew me away. If you're going to watch it, check it out on IMAX. Otherwise, you're not really missing out on anything if you wait to watch it on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment