Friday, April 30, 2004

i'm in austin right now for becky's wedding--i've known becky since kindergarten. crazy. i don't think i've seen her in about two years...never even met her husband-to-be. should be interesting..i know so few people that are going to be in attendance at this wedding--i know jessica, the maid-of-honor, whom i was also friends with in junior high...and becky's family. that's about it. oh, and dana from bahrain. but i haven't seen her in over ten years. the weather here is great--i arrived and it was 82 degrees. all evening, it's been in the 70's and breezy, so comfortable to stroll around in. knowing practically no one, i headed downtown after checking into my hotel and got dinner at stubb's, a barbeque joint recommended to me by the cab driver. i ate some baby back pork ribs while melissa etheridge was belting out "come to my window" live downstairs. pretty surreal. definitely in texas. i then strolled over to sixth street where it brought back memories of my last and only other visit to austin--when i was getting recruited by trilogy in my last year of college. it's a cool street. i forgot how cool it was. there are bars everywhere with either free or cheap covers, live bands, tatoo parlors on every block, and your pick of bratwurst, fajitas or gyros by street vendors. hope to head back tomorrow night with some people...being by myself and a single female, i didn't think it'd be a good idea to hang out at a bar by myself.



it's funny to travel around the country and hear the accents change so drastically. i can see myself already swelling back into my kansas drawl just hearing the texas twang so much around here.



last night, eugene took me to the Air concert--we sat in the 2nd row...it was awesome. great music.

No comments:

Post a Comment