Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Oh man, I've been working a lot...and killing my health too. My officemate, after a couple months off, came back earlier this week only to pick up her stuff and leave the company. The stress of the job was getting to the point where it was taking a negative toll on her health....something I worry about doing to myself often. Too many times in this past month I ate lunch after 3pm or dinner after 10pm. I don't know why...but I really need to watch out for myself.



For a couple of weeks now, I've been looking for a cat. I thought it was about time that I took responsibility of another small life. Plus, selfishly, I wanted to really have a good reason to want to leave work and be home early. I looked in several shelters...and last weekend, I found a cat! He's probably about 1.5-2 years old, grey with white paws and a white belly. Came with the name Smokey but I've renamed him Misha....and he's so beautiful. He has the most gorgeously silky coat of fur and is so fun to pet. He's been using the litterbox like a champ and been so well behaved. Yay! so so cute....



The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) just passed. All in all, I saw 5 movies: Valentin, Musa the Warrior, Infernal Affairs (which I just found out was picked up for American adaptation with Brad Pitt to star), Ping Pong, and Traces of the Dragon: Jackie Chan and His Lost Family. I really want to somehow get a copy of the last documentary (on Jackie Chan) and send it to my grandparents to watch. It was truly fascinating to get a better sense of what they perhaps went through, having lived in China and fleeing to Hong Kong after the Sino-Japanese war. They sometimes talk about some "lost" brothers and sisters in China..and this documentary makes me want to learn more.



I need a vacation. Hmm.



Pierre's racing at Regionals this weekend---can't wait as this'll be my first time seeing him row!



I have the condo bug again. Should I?

No comments:

Post a Comment