Thursday, November 28, 2002

I'm in Kansas now and just got back from watching probably the worst movie I've seen this year, Solaris, that new George Clooney/Soderbergh movie. There was no plot, no meaning, nothing. It didn't take the viewer anywhere except pure confusion--in a bad way. I actually watched a total of 7 people walk out on the movie...it was that bad. I had hope for it...thinking that maybe, in the end, there'd be some twist and I'd go "ah..." Nope. Don't watch this movie. It was just plain bad.



Thanksgiving is always such an interesting event for me...moreso because my family doesn't partake in the traditional type of Thanksgiving dinner...we just get together with the Wongs and eat a bunch of Chinese food...and occasionally throw in some turkey and mashed potatoes. I'm not complaining as the food as always good...but until a few weeks ago, I'd never had candied yams. It just cracks me up how random our interpretation of Thanksgiving dinner is...but it's all good. :-) For the first time in years, all three Wong kids were here...but Aaron was gone :-( Hester's now engaged, going to b-school in Boston just like Rod is...and "Bee" just got back from Australia.



I'm always interested in seeing what has changed around the house when I get back. Since my dad's retired, he has so many random house projects. For example, my bathroom has been completely transformed--it now has my parent's old tub (they got a new one). Aaron hasn't been back in over a year and will be in for a surprise when he sees all of the changes.



Looking forward to catching up with some folks, eatin' good Kansas steak, wandering around in Oak Park Mall for the usual post-Thanksgiving shopping and dim sum at BoLing's.

No comments:

Post a Comment