Wednesday, September 11, 2002

i woke up at 6:30am this morning to get ready to attend the rolling requiem at safeco field. i picked up rachel, drove to pacmed, took the shuttle down to uwajimaya, got some chai at tully's and walked over. it was weird standing in line at the stadium as i looked at the crowd around me. since the whole thing was around 8am, most people had planned on going to work right after the ceremony...so i saw a lot of people in business suits...and overall, more dressed up than your typical baseball crowd. the whole event was simple with a short speech (i thought it was neat that the idea came out of seattle), a sing-a-long of the star spangled banner, and then mozart's requiem. i haven't heard that piece in awhile and i forgot how moving it is. anyhow, it was nice.



otherwise, it's just another usual day at work...sitting in my office by myself. oh yeah--i lost my officemate last week, quite sadly. so now i've got this huge office to myself (which i don't mind..heh heh) but i think that i might get a new officemate in about a week with one of the new hires in the group.



an old friend from kansas created a 'how well do you know me?' quiz and sent it to me recently, to which i failed miserably by answering only, like, 3 out of 10 questions right. it was really interesting so i created one for myself and sent it off to about 20 people. it's been fascinating seeing people's answers. the hardest was how many apartments i've lived in and where i was born. surprisingly, it was hard to guess my middle name...and my major and minor were flipped. ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment