Thursday, May 16, 2002

i love thursday evenings. i usually spend it working on some sort of dish I've never prepared and watch the whole thursday night lineup. i think i'm going to take a bath before heading to bed. i haven't taken one of those in a long time.



last weekend was amazing, weather wise. it got so incredibly warm....to the point where you could feel the blanket of heat cover you as you step outside. i was lucky enough to be able to take care of phoebe and ray's dog over the weekend...so i got to spend a lot of fun time playing ball with the dog and walking her. went rollerblading along alki with thomas on saturday...which was so much fun. it's days like that, where i get to cruise along alki on my skates, inhaling in the salt-infused air, and staring out at the amazing city skyline and puget sound that just make me love seattle so much...and how wonderful it was to share that with thomas on saturday. [sigh]



later on that night, i went and saw sasha & digweed dj at a warehouse in south seattle which was so cool. i just love their music. i hear they'll be performing at area:two, which is so awesome. I can't wait.



i finally turned in my application for a new passport! what a big sigh of relief to finally do that. but it turns out that i won't need my passport as soon as i thought because....



...Aaron found a job! well, he actually got a really kick ass internship this summer with Sony working as the only designer in a team of 6 for this thing called Project Desire. He'll be well paid (hell, more than I'm making right now!) and get an amazing experience while he's at. I'm sooo happy for him and so proud of him right now. And of course, I can't help but feel like I've helped out by supporting him with his website all the time. So, anyhow, because of this, the family probably won't be taking a graduation trip during the summer since he has to work. Hmm...I wonder if I should go to Europe now....



Wednesday, I saw Yo-Yo Ma & the Silk Road Ensemble at Benaroya with Fred and a bunch of other people...what a fabulous concert, made up of a Mongolian long song singer, a Korean drummer, and so much more. Have you ever seen a performance with a prepared piano? I only saw it for the first time recently when I saw the Ahn Trio. Wednesday night, the musician utilized the piano in so many ways---whether that be drumming against the wood, banging the bass strings or plucking them gently. I would love to learn any technique associated with that. And of course, it's always a treat to see Yo-Yo Ma performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment