Monday, September 25, 2000

got back from l.a. last night. had a really great weekend, doing the family bonding thing. I saw relatives that I hadn't seen in so many years. The biggest surprise was a family I hadn't seen in over 10 years. The last time I saw the kids, they were only about 2 years old. Kids have grown up so much now...the oldest one is 14 years old and is taking AP Computer Science!! I can't believe they even offer that in high school nowadays...."Gung-Gung" seemed really happy with the celebration, having all his friends and family around him. yay! i also learned a little bit more about the family history. turned out that my grandfather was actually the son of the first concubine, not the first wife; however, the first concubine had all the children, so she was just as important. it's odd to meet his brothers and sisters and not know whether or not they had the same mother.

it was also strange being in L.A. again. It brought back memories of when I was last there and of people I was there with....

No comments:

Post a Comment